In this podcast Alasdair Stuart talks about writing audio stories, Pseudopod Podcast, his best writing advice, and much more.
About Alasdair Stuart
Alasdair Stuart is the owner of Escape Artists, Inc., as well as host of PseudoPod and co-host of Escape Pod. His work has appeared in the Guardian, How It Works, the Fortean Times, Sci Fi Now, and Neo.
- [03:45] Favourite Pseudopod stories
- [08:50] Acceptance process
- [13:15] What makes a story a good fit and a bad fit for the audio format
- [20:50] Three fiction and three non-fiction podcasts
- [27:55] Writer/podcaster identity (the Maths is out by 5% … and then minutes later Bob’s memory of the calculations goes out the window, too)
- [30:50] Best writing advice
- [36:50] Morning rituals and daily habits
- [40:00] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [42:20] Upcoming projects
- [50:30] Connect with Alasdair
- [58:55] Outtakes
EXTREME Summer of Podcasting
From June–August we’re having an EXTREME Summer of Podcasting. How extreme? You decide. For every $10 or 2 patrons that pledge to the This Is Horror Podcast Patreon in April we’ll record an extra episode. The gates opened at 81 patrons and $515.
When you pledge to the podcast you get early bird access to all our episodes, the ability to ask the guest a question, and you keep the show alive. So pledge today and get ready for an EXTREME Summer. The This Is Horror Podcast—Podcasting just got EXTREME*.
*Please read the final two lines in the voice of Bob Pastorella … you know, like when he says, “Tanis—it’s television … for your ears.”
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5259808/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey