In this podcast Max Booth III talks about his new novel The Nightly Disease, working the night shift at the hotel, Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing, and much more.
About Max Booth III
Max Booth III is the author of four novels. His mom has read at least one of them. He’s the Editor-in-Chief of Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing and an ongoing columnist at Litreactor.com. He works as a hotel night auditor in a small town outside San Antonio, TX.
- [03:50] Interview start/The Nightly Disease
- [06:00] Adrian Shotbolt, via Patreon, asks about the origin of Max’s obsession with owls
- [10:15] More information about the girl with the owl obsession
- [13:50] Best writing advice
- [17:50] Participation in the short story challenge
- [19:00] George, via Patreon, asks about starting up a small press or magazine
- [21:50] Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing releases in 2017 and budgeting/outsourcing vs in-house work
- [23:25] The red wagon approach
- [27:45] David Powell, via Patreon, asks about word count
- [33:30] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks why be an editor
- [35:30] What makes a good and what makes a bad story
- [39:10] Johann Thorsson, via Patreon, asks about reading habits for good writers
- [41:30] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about Dark Moon Digest
- [45:25] Adrian Shotbolt, via Patreon, asks about horror novels
- [48:40] Current projects
- [55:10] Worst hotel welcome greeting
- [01:05:00] At the top of the hotel …
- [01:06:50] Adrian Shotbolt, via Patreon, asks about the one book Max’s mum has read by Max
- [01:08:10] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [01:11:35] Two fiction and two non-fiction recommendations
- [01:15:35] Intimidating writers
- [01:17:10] Connect with Max
- [01:24:15] Outtakes
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4991745/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey