In this podcast Ray Cluley talks about writing suspenseful scenes, antarctic horror, music to write to and much more.
About Ray Cluley
Ray Cluley has been published in Black Static, Interzone and Crimewave from TTA Press, Shadows & Tall Trees from Undertow Press, and Icarus from Lethe Press, as well as featuring in a variety of anthologies. ‘Shark! Shark!’ won the British Fantasy Award for Best Short Story in 2013, while Water For Drowning was nominated for Best Novella in 2015. His most recent work includes Within the Wind, Beneath the Snow from Snowbooks and a collection, Probably Monsters, from ChiZine Press.
- [02:15] Interview start/Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about editing an Antarctic horror anthology
- [06:30] Ray’s forthcoming novel
- [09:20] New novella/writing to soundtracks and music
- [24:40] Tips for writing suspenseful scenes
- [37:55] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [51:25] Writing in new genres
- [55:35] Connect with Ray and final thoughts
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.