In this podcast Paul Tremblay talks about his new novel Disappearance at Devil’s Rock, A Head Full of Ghosts and story ideas.
About Paul Tremblay
Paul Tremblay is the author of the novels Disappearance at Devil’s Rock and A Head Full of Ghosts. His other novels include The Little Sleep, No Sleep till Wonderland, Swallowing a Donkey’s Eye, and Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn’t Fly (co-written with Stephen Graham Jones).
- [02:45] Interview start/lessons learned in last year
- [08:15] Dream reader
- [11:10] What to expect from Disappearance at Devil’s Rock
- [11:50] Travis Earl, via Patreon, asks about novels and movies that inspired Disappearance
- [16:35] Mark N, via Patreon, asks about when in the A Head Full of Ghosts lifecycle Disappearance was written
- [20:45] Writing about children in horror stories
- [27:40] Current story ideas
- [30:15] Returning to abandoned stories
- [33:14] Jo, via Patreon, asks about slang in Disappearance
- [35:55] Teaching
- [43:10] Paul Tremblay FINALLY makes sense
- [43:45] Jake Marley, via Patreon, asks about notes, outlining and discovery writing
- [46:10] Jake Marley, via Patreon, asks about revisions
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
ResourcesBuy Paul Tremblay fiction
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey