In this podcast Simon Strantzas talks about The Year’s Best Weird Fiction, Vol. 3, the secret to a good life and the British horror scene.
About Simon Strantzas
- [01:20] The secret to a good life
- [05:10] Goals and aims/ensuring productivity while writing
- [12:40] Morning routines
- [16:00] British horror scene
- [21:00] Benefits of a support network
- [23:00] Intimidating writers
- [25:30] White whales
- [27:30] If your next work was your last, what would you create?
- [28:30] Writers outside genre who have had a big impact
- [30:40] Reading for the year’s best
- [33:45] Fiction and non-fiction recommendations
- [36:42] Advice for writers starting out
- [38:40] Underrated authors
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
- TIH 051: By Invisible Hands Written and Narrated by Simon Strantzas
- Buy Simon Strantzas fiction (UK)
- Buy Simon Strantzas fiction (US)
- A Look At The Morning Rituals and Daily Habits of 9 Popular Authors
- Steven Millhauser fiction (UK)
- Steven Millhauser fiction (US)
- Kenneth J Harvey fiction (UK)
- Kenneth J Harvey fiction (US)
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey