In this podcast Simon Strantzas talks about the distinction between weird and strange fiction, his writing routine, the new journal Thinking Horror, his current works-in-progress and much more.
About Simon Strantzas
- [02:58] Interview start/early experiences reading
- [06:52] Writing
- [07:38] Aickman’s Heirs
- [15:00] Strange fiction, weird fiction,
- [19:00] Thinking Horror
- [28:20] Lessons learnt as an editor
- [29:34] Current WIPs
- [32:38] Short story writing process
- [34:55] Morning rituals, daily habits and writing routine
- [39:25] High and low points in writing career
- [41:16] Advice to younger self
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
- TIH 051: By Invisible Hands Written and Narrated by Simon Strantzas
- Buy Simon Strantzas fiction (UK)
- Buy Simon Strantzas fiction (US)
- The Outer Dark Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey