In this podcast Paul Tremblay talks about the horror of consequence, A Head Full of Ghosts, short stories, basketball and much more.
About Paul Tremblay
Paul Tremblay is the author of A Head Full of Ghosts, The Little Sleep, No Sleep till Wonderland, Swallowing a Donkey’s Eye, and Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn’t Fly (co-written with Stephen Graham Jones). He is also the author of the short story collection In the Mean Time, has co-edited four anthologies and is currently on the Board of Directors for the Shirley Jackson Awards.
- [01:15] Stephen Graham Jones references and co-writing
- [10:20] Two-book deal
- [12:45] Short stories
- [23:38] The horror of consequence
- [26:15] Reinventing classic horror tropes and monsters
- [27:20] Basketball/ Paul Tremblay issues an open challenge to other writers
- [32:20] Productivity hacks
- [41:40] Movie references
- [44:00] Intimidating writers
- [44:45] Morning routines and rituals
- [46:00] New up-and-coming writers
- [47:45] Connect with Paul
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey