In this podcast John Joseph Adams talks about editing, work-life balance, heavy metal and much more.
Check out our previous podcasts with John Joseph Adams.
About John Joseph Adams
John Joseph Adams is the series editor of Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy, as well as many other anthologies, such as Wastelands, The Living Dead, and The Apocalypse Triptych. He is also the editor and publisher of the magazines Nightmare and the Hugo Award-winning Lightspeed, and is a producer for WIRED’s The Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy podcast.
- [01:10] Interview start/ensuring a work-life balance
- [04:35] Productivity and avoiding distractions
- [13:39] Favourite heavy metal bands
- [20:00] Misconceptions surrounding small artists and authors
- [21:45] Future projects and goals
- [26:25] Advice for editors
- [30:25] Asking for help
- [33:43] Magazines, writers and publishers to look out for
- Buy fiction edited by John Joseph Adams (UK)
- Buy fiction edited by John Joseph Adams (US)
- John Joseph Adams website
- The Geek’s Guide To The Galaxy
- The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer (UK)
- The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer (US)
- Uncanny Magazine
- AE Magazine
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies Magazine
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/3589023/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey