It’s the sixth annual This Is Horror Awards and this year’s categories reflect our focus on horror fiction and the craft of writing.
Here are the categories:
- Novel of the Year
- Novella of the Year
- Short Story Collection of the Year
- Anthology of the Year
- Fiction Magazine of the Year
- Publisher of the Year
- Fiction Podcast of the Year
- Nonfiction Podcast of the Year
Now to the rules and how to nominate.
Readers can e-mail in their nominations for each category. Taking into consideration the nominations for each category This Is Horror will then draw up a shortlist.
We invite you to include one sentence as to why the nomination is award-worthy.
The public nominations stage runs from 7 November 2016 through until 30 November 2016.
- To be eligible for an award, where applicable, the creative work must have been released between 2 November 2015 and 7 November 2016. This means that the first release/publication must have occurred within the above time period.
- You may only nominate two items per category, if you nominate more than two This Is Horror will only recognise your first two nominations.
- You may nominate in as many categories as you like.
- Do not send in a nomination for your own work or anything which you are affiliated with (see Note To Publishers below).
- All nominations must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject line ‘This Is Horror Award Nominations 2016′.
Public nominations close at 12:01am GMT on 30 November 2016.
Note To Publishers
This year we also invite publishers to send in their own eligible work to This Is Horror for consideration. We will happily accept digital files and links. Please send a maximum of two works per publisher per category.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey