I can’t believe this is the fifth annual This Is Horror Awards. That sure has come around quickly and what an awful lot of fun we’ve had these past four years.
Here are the This Is Horror Award categories this year. We’ve based them off your feedback and the most popular categories last year.
- Novel of the Year
- Short Story Collection of the Year
- Anthology of the Year
- Publisher of the Year
- Podcast of the Year
- Film of the Year
- TV Series of the Year
- Tattoo Artist of the Year
As for the rules and nominations, here’s the skinny.
Readers can e-mail in their nominations for each category. Taking into consideration the nominations for each category This Is Horror will then draw up a shortlist.
This year when you nominate we invite you to include one sentence as to why the nomination is award-worthy.
The public nominations stage runs from 4 November 2015 through until 25 November 2015.
- To be eligible for an award, where applicable, the creative work must have been released between 14 November 2014 and 1 November 2015. This means that the first release – DVD release in the case of films – must have occurred within the above time period. The season nominated for ‘TV Series of the Year’ must have concluded for it to be eligible.
- You may only nominate two items per category, if you nominate more than two This Is Horror will only recognise your first two nominations.
- You may nominate in as many categories as you like.
- Do not send in a nomination for your own work or anything which you are affiliated with (see Note To Publishers below).
- All nominations must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject line ‘This Is Horror Award Nominations 2015′.
Public nominations close at 12:01am GMT on 25 November 2015.
Note To Publishers
This year we also invite publishers to send in their own eligible work to This Is Horror for consideration. We will happily accept digital files and links. Please send a maximum of two works per publisher per category.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey