In order to decide the This Is Horror Awards 2011 the site staff had a round table discussion and each put forward nominations – in each category – that they had no affiliation to. Having reached a consensus decision we put the nominations up to the public vote.
The This Is Horror Awards nominations reflect what our staff have read and loved this year, and whilst we endeavour to read as much as we can we fully anticipate that there will be some genuinely brilliant works that have escaped our attention.
This is the first year of This Is Horror, we are young and passionate with a lot to learn and hopefully a lot to give too. Next year and from then on, nominations from the general public will begin in September to ensure the widest possible eligibility.
Very best wishes,
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey