A team of scientists are making the discovery of the century when they lose a colleague in an ancient labyrinth. The group must battle their way through a swarm of deadly, man-eating funnel web spiders and discover the secret behind the insects’ power and intelligence – before it’s too late!
Why we’re looking forward to this: If you’re not comfortable with arachnids then you may want to run away now, but this sci-fi creature feature starring Kellan Lutz (Twilight, A Nightmare On Elm Street remake) and Kelsey Grammer (Frasier, X-Men) sounds like it could be a hark back to the good old days of nature gone amok films like The Swarm and Kingdom Of The Spiders.
Thought the production values are likely to be lower than a dachshund in a limbo contest, there’s something definitely appealing about watching Doctor Frasier Crane facing off against hordes of eight legged monsters.
Nest is to be filmed on Australia’s Gold Coast, so we may be in store for some beautiful scenery, though nothing to match the beautiful Wolf Creek vistas we wager, and if the thought of thousands of spiders swarming across your screen is giving you even the slightest shivers then you’ll be overjoyed to know that the film will be released in 3D!
Nest is due to be unleashed in 2016.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey