Barbie Wilde, Emily Booth and Pollyanna McIntosh are among the female stars that will appear in a brand new calendar showcasing the best and brightest female talent within the genre. Proceeds from the calendar will go to the charities, Rape Crisis and the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. The calendar is available to buy from ETSY.
All aboard the Midnight Meat Train
Dark Regions Press have revealed the cover for their special edition version of Clive Barker’s The Midnight Meat Train, a story taken from his collection Books of Blood (Volume One). The hardcover version of the book will be released in 2014.
We’ve reached the End of the Road
Fresh from winning a British Fantasy Award for his Magic collection, Jonathan Oliver has announced his latest anthology, End of the Road. Featuring stories from Adam Nevill, Lavie Tidhar and Rio Youers, End of the Road will be released in the US & Canada on 26 November and in the UK on 5 December.
Banshee Chapter to be unleashed on the UK
Banshee Chapter, the new film from Blair Erickson and winner of the Scariest Film Award at the Toronto After Dark Festival will be released in the UK in January 2014. This Is Horror will bring you the exact release date as soon as it is announced.
Grimm Up North goes Gothic
As part of the BFI Gothic Season, Grimm Up North are hosting a night entitled Vampires: Love is a Devil. The screening will feature Nosferatu (1922) and Bram Stoker’s Dracula. The films will be introduced by MMU lecturer and vampire expert Sorcha Ni Fhlainn. The screening is on 21 November and tickets can be sourced through the Grimm Up North website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey