Grimm Up North Double Bills
Grimm Up North bring January to a close with a trio of excellent double bills in Manchester. They include Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Last House on the Left on 23 January, Towerblock and Hollow on 26 January and Mon Ami and Chop on 31 January. Tickets are available from the Grimm Up North website.
We Are Monsters Takes Shape
US actor Doug Jones (Pan’s Labyrinth & Hellboy) has signed up for UK Kickstarter horror/sci-fi project We Are Monsters. Jones will play the vile Sir Daniel Southall in this film about a mutant gang of teenagers. For more information, or to contribute to the film check out the We Are Monsters website.
Dark Fuse Release Clockwork Dolls
Dark Fuse have announced that William Meikle’s new book Clockwork Dolls is now available in limited edition hardcover and Kindle eBook. The novel revolves around Dave Burns, a man asking pertinent questions about the existence of man, yet he may not live long enough to find out the answers.
The Votes Are In
Just a quick reminder for those of you who may have missed it. The votes are in and are being tallied, the This Is Horror Awards will be announced at the end of January and will be rewarding the absolute cream of the horror industry. Be sure to check back for the results.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey