Game of Thrones scribe George R. R. Martin has been confirmed as Guest of Honour at the World Horror Convention 2017. Although the location of the event is yet to be confirmed, tickets are sure to be in short supply following this spectacular announcement. Keep an eye on This Is Horror for further updates as they become available.
Romero gives birth to the Dead
Solo Media are proud to announce the upcoming release of their new documentary Birth of the Living Dead. The film is the story of how George A. Romero and a group made up of a policeman, housewives and iron workers, managed to pull together and produce the horror classic Night of the Living Dead. Featuring candid interviews and extra features, the film is available on DVD and VOD from 12 May.
Trailer for Cold in July arrives
Cold in July is the latest film from Jim Mickle, the director behind Stake Land. The film is based on the book of the same name by Joe R. Lansdale and will feature Dexter star Michael C. Hall. The film is set to land in the summer in the UK.
Further cast members added to Under The Dome
More names that have been added to the second season of Stephen King’s Under The Dome. Hunger Games and Sleepy Hollow star Dwayne Boyd will join the cast in the role of Greg and will appear in the fifth episode of the upcoming season. The show, which already stars Breaking Bad actor Dean Norris will premiere on 30 June in the United States.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey