Grimm Up North kicked this week off with a bang by announcing that early bird passes for this year’s Grimmfest are now on sale for just £48.50. This price is only available until 8 August and will get you access to all Q&As and screenings across the weekend. The first two film announcements for the festival are Hansel and Gretel Get Baked and Jugface. Early bird tickets and full details of the festival are available at the Grimm Up North website.
BC Furtney bloodies up the pages
Maimstream, the follow-up to Furtney’s novel Scarla, is available for pre-order. It features neo-Nazi bikers, shape shifters and murderous long-haulers amongst other fiendish creations. It also includes a foreword from our very own editor, Michael Wilson. Maimstream can be pre-ordered from the Comet Press website now.
Static crackles on DVD
Static, the film described as delivering “the kind of haunting emotional pay off horror rarely pulls off” by Frightfest arrives on DVD on 15 July. Starring Sara Paxton and Mito Ventimiglia, Static is produced by Second Sight Films.
Weird Tales is resurrected
Weird Tales Magazine that originally published great writers such as Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson and Robert Bloch has relaunched. Their second new issue featuring a selection of Fairy Tales is available now from the Weird Tales Magazine website.
Paranormal Incident 2 hits the shelves
Paranormal Incident 2 was released on DVD on 8 July, check out the exclusive clip below.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey