Pan Macmillan have launched their own tribute one of the great masters of horror fiction, James Herbert, by announcing that 2014 will see the award of the inaugural James Herbert Award For Horror. The award is a fitting tribute for Herbert, in the year that sees the 40th anniversary of the publication of his seminal novel The Rats. The award is for horror novels, written in English, published between 1 January 2014 and 31 December 2014. For full details of how to enter head over to the Pan Macmillan website.
Early King novels to be re–released
Cemetery Dance Publications have announced that a number of Stephen King’s earliest, and some would argue best, books are to be re-released this year as the Stephen King Doubleday Years package. The titles include Carrie, ‘Salem’s Lot, The Shining, Night Shift, The Stand and Pet Sematary. The books will include new forewords, covers and extra features. Click over to the Cemetery Dance website to get your copy of these extremely rare books.
Re-Animator comes to DVD and Blu–Ray
Legendary 80s film Re-Animator has been lined up for a DVD and Blu-ray release later this year. The film will hit both physical formats on 2 June and is also available as a limited edition steelbook version. It will be available to download on 19 May and will be on video on demand a week later, 26 May.
Grimmfest open for business
Grimmfest are proud to announce that they are now open for submissions for their 2014 festival. The festival will run from 2-5 October and will screen a variety of weird, horror and cult movies. If you want your film to appear in the festival, visit the Grimm Up North website for full details and deadlines for all of the categories.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey