Ti West’s latest film, The Sacrament is released on 6 June as a limited theatrical release and also on VOD in the UK. The film is helmed by The Innkeepers director Ti West and produced by Hostel director Eli Roth. The story centres on two media correspondents documenting their friend’s search for his sister. What they find is the a self-sustained rural “utopia” Eden Parish, however this seemingly well meaning religious community soon turns out to be more than it seems…
Deep Like the River
Dark Regions Press have this week released Tim Waggoner’s latest novella Deep Like the River. The story features two sisters that rescue a screaming baby from the banks of a river on a canoeing trip. However, something in the woods is watching them and the river wants the baby for itself. Head over to the Dark Regions Press website to order your copy in either physical or electronic format.
Straining onto our screens
Hot on the heels of last week’s news about The Strain heading to FX in July, a terrifying trailer has been released of the show. Unfortunately for all UK fans, the show still has no release date on these shores whereas our American readers can check it out on 13 July.
True Detective season 2 news arrives
The debut season of True Detective saw Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey sleuthing the mysteries of the Louisiana swamps. The latest season 2 news has revealed there is to be a whole new location: the seedy underbelly of urban California. Not LA. So far, that’s all we know, aside from the rumours of three new lead roles as Harrelson and McConaughey won’t be returning.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey