New from Crystal Lake Publishing, Fantastic Tales of Terror, edited by Eugene Johnson
Featuring authors such as Joe R Lansdale, Stephanie M. Wytovich, Neil Gaiman and Mercedes M. Yardley, Fantastic Tales of Terror is an anthology of terrifying alternative histories. Why did the Titanic really sink? What really happened during the Apollo 11 moon landings? These questions and more will be answered in new and horrifying ways. The anthology releases today and you can get hold of your copy here.
Tim Major’s new book, themed around the 1915-16 silent film serial, Les Vampires, out now from PS Publishing
As part of PS Publishing’s ‘The Electric Dreamhouse’ range of books, Les Vampires, by Tim Major (Carus & Mitch) is a monograph, covering the little-known 1915 film of the same name. Ostensibly a crime story, Les Vampires was in fact a proto-horror story, featuring unsettling dream-like imagery and settings. Using the ten episodes of the serial as inspiration, Major has woven their themes into ten individual pieces of weird fiction, offering a personal response, as well as a historical context, to the films. Les Vampires was launched at Fantasy Con last weekend and is available now, here,
Netflix release first trailer for their adaptation of Josh Malerman’s Bird Box
Coming in December, Netflix have given the first glimpse at their adaptation of Josh Malerman’s outstanding novel, Bird Box. Starring Sandra Bullock, the trailer gives us a first glance at the apocalyptic world Bullock will inhabit. Seeing the powerful images of the book brought to life on screen should whet your appetite for a pre-Christmas release that should not be missed.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey