Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
What could be scarier than fifty stories of terror, leaping off the page into the reader’s imagination? How about having fifty expert narrators reading each one to you in an audiobook full of chilling atmosphere. That’s the concept behind Twisted 50. Already available in various print editions, the audiobook is almost ready to ship and, with early reviews playing up just how haunting the collection is in audio format, this could be one to look out for. You can find all the information about it here.
Created by graphic novellist Robert Geronimo (Little Maia, Agent 87 and the Black Train), Kingdom of Blood is a new graphic novel concept, currently at the kickstarter stage. Said to feature swords, monsters, blood and gore, not to mention fantastically creepy artwork, more information on Kingdom of Blood can be found here. What’s more, for This is Horror readers only, Geronimo is offering an exclusive 8.5″ x 11″ print for any pledge other than the Digital Edition.
Cryptic tweet from director J J Abrams reveals Castle Rock series collaboration with Stephen King
J J Abrams, director of recent reboots and the latest Star Wars episode, The Force Awakens, got tongues wagging earlier this week with the cryptic tweet, above, pointing followers to a Youtube video. The link revealed that Abrams has been working on a series collaboration with none other than Stephen King, entitled Castle Rock – the fictional location in Maine of a great many of King’s stories. The show will be exclusive to Hulu and is certainly one to watch out for.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey