Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
John Carpenter Live In London
Revered as a director of genre classics like Halloween, The Thing and The Fog, John Carpenter is also an accomplished and celebrated musician and composer and is performing music from his duo of Lost Themes albums and other movie classics at London’s Troxy on 31 October and 1 November. The Halloween date is sold out but a few tickets remain for the 1 November date which is not to be missed.
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Gets A Final Trailer
The final instalment (maybe) in the Resident Evil saga hits our screens in January next year, and in what is turning into an intensive promotional campaign, one final trailer has been released.
In Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Alice (Milla Jovovich) finds humanity is on its last legs and must return to Raccoon City, where the Umbrella Corporation is preparing for a final strike against the survivors of the apocalypse. In a race against time Alice will join forces with old friends, and an unlikely ally, in an action packed battle with undead hordes and new mutant monsters. Between losing her superhuman abilities and Umbrella’s impending attack, this will be Alice’s most difficult adventure as she fights to save humanity, which is on the brink of oblivion.
MOMA To Screen New 4K Night Of The Living Dead Print
New Yorks’s Museum of Modern Art is to screen a brand new 4K resoration of George A Romero’s Night of the Living Dead as part of its Save and Project festival that is running from 2 – 23 November 2016. The film actually screens on 5 November and will be introduced by Romero himself.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey