Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
When a group of film students are running out of money, time and luck – and their lead actress has quit. In a final, desperate act, they break into Crawford Manor for an illicit night shoot. But the past of the manor won’t stay dead. Thy soon come face to face with the horrors that haunt the old house’s halls. David Sodergren is the author of The Forgotten Island, released in October 2018 to considerable acclaim. Night Shoot has likewise already received praise from the likes of Saide Hartmann (Mother Horror) and will be on sale 9 May. It will be available for pre-order wherever you buy book from 26 April.
Pretty Little Dead Girls by Mercedes M. Yardley being reborn as a graphic novel – kickstarter under way now
Bryony Adams, or Star Girl, is destined to be murdered. Fleeing the sentient desert that is crying out for her blood, she heads for Seattle, where she meets a group of characters who vow to protect her and a serial killer bent on killing her. Pretty Little Dead Girls is the acclaimed novel by author Mercedes M. Yardley, which is now being adapted as a graphic novel. Added to Yardley’s words, will be stunning artwork by Orion Zangara, with colours by Steve Canon. Currently underway is the kickstarter to fund this project. With twenty-eight days remaining, it is almost one third funded, but a great many exciting perks remain. You can pledge your support, here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey