R.I.P. Tom Piccirilli
It is with great sadness that This Is Horror reports the passing of horror author Tom Piccirilli. The multiple Stoker award winning novelist, short story writer and poet passed away earlier this week at the age of just fifty years old. The thoughts of the staff at This Is Horror are with his family at this tragic time.
Congratulations, Alison Littlewood
A Cold Season author Alison Littlewood has won the Shirley Jackson Award for her short story ‘The Dog’s Home’ from the collection The Spectral Book of Horror Stories. Other winners included Jeff VanderMeer for his Southern Reach Trilogy and Dale Bailey. For the full list of winners head over to the Shirley Jackson Awards website.
Double Walking Dead
San Diego Comic Con saw the release of a number of trailers and snippets of footage from various shows and films. Among them were Season 6 of The Walking Dead and its prequel Fear The Walking Dead. The undead will be invading your TV later this year…
Spectral Book of Horror Stories returns
Hot on the heels of winning a Shirley Jackson Award for one of its stories, Spectral Press anthology series returns with The 2nd Spectral Book of Horror Stories with the new tome featuring stories from Stephen Volk, Ray Cluley, Simon Kurt Unsworth and Simon Bestwick. The volume will be edited by the same head honcho as last time, Mark Morris. To pre-order your copy, due for release in October, head over to the Spectral Press website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey