Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Best New Horror, edited by Stephen Jones, reaches volume twenty-nine
Now available for pre-order over at PS Publishing’s online store is Best New Horror volume twenty-nine. Edited once again by Stephen Jones (editor of more than one hundred and fifty titles) the anthology features stories by outstanding writers such as Ramsey Campbell, Steve Rasnic Tem, Tim Lebbon, Gemma Files and many more besides. The paperback edition is a steal at only £17.99 while there is also a signed, slipcased hardback version for collectors which will set you back £60. You can pre-order your copy of the paperback here or the hardback edition here.
Coming 22 February from Fangoria Presents, Carnivorous Lunar Activities, by Max Booth III
A werewolf buddy story, spanning a single night, in a single room, Carnivorous Lunar Activities is the new novel from Max Booth III (The Nightly Disease, How to Successfully Kidnap Strangers). Released through Cinestate’s new ‘Fangoria Presents’ line of books, the novel promises horror and humour throughout and is one that none of us will want to miss. There’s still time to pre-order your copy ahead of the 22 February release date, here.
Limited edition chapbook, Nods to the Master, available direct from author David Busboom
Author David Busboom is celebrating the one year anniversary of his book Nightbird and to celebrate, he has a real treat up his sleeve for readers. He is selling a limited edition chapbook, Nods to the Master, directly through his Facebook page. Private message David at his Facebook page, here, for details,
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey