The nominees for the World Fantasy Awards have been announced. The awards will be presented at the World Fantasy Convention, held in Washington D.C. between 6-9 November. Ellen Datlow and Chelsea Quinn Yarbo have been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Awards. There were also nominations for Neil Gaiman, Laird Barron, Reggie Oliver and the author of the forthcoming This Is Horror novella The Visible Filth, Nathan Ballingrud. Congratulations to all the nominees, a full list of nominations can be found at the World Fantasy Convention website.
Carole Johnstone launches new collection
Cold Turkey author Carole Johnstone has launched her new collection The Bright Day is Done from Gary Fry’s Gray Friar Press. The collection brings together sixteen stories and is available to order now from the Gray Friar Press website.
The Thing takes over Manchester
Grimm Up North are running a special screening of John Carpenter’s classic film The Thing. The film will be shown at The Dancehouse in Manchester on 17 July. The film is the finale of Grimmfest’s John Carpenter Classics Season. Tickets cost £6.50 and are available now from the Grimm Up North website.
The Woman available for UK customers
TheHorrorShow.TV have snapped up the UK rights for Lucky McKee’s film The Woman. The film will get its UK release on DVD, Blu-Ray, limited edition steelbook and VOD on 18 August. There will also be an exclusive audio commentary track from director Lucky McKee. The film marks the first time TheHorrorShow.TV have moved away from exclusively digital hosting. Head over to TheHorrorShow.TV to browse their full digital catalogue.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey