Director Tom Six, currently filming The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence) will be on the judging panel for the horror film competition 666 Short Cuts to Hell. Six will be joined on the panel by Total Film genre expert Rosie Fletcher and Horror Channel’s Emily Booth amongst others. The competition is sponsored by FrightFest and Movie Mogul in association with Horror Channel. The six finalists will be shown at FrightFest 2013.
Have a Grimm Easter
The mini Grimmfest in Stockport comes to a close on 4 April with a double bill of remastered high definition David Cronenberg films, Scanners and The Brood. Tickets are available directly from the Stockport Plaza cinema on 0161 477 7779.
Midnight Echo cover reveal
The Australian Horror Writers Association and Midnight Echo magazine have announced the brilliant cover for issue #9. The magazine features a story by Jonathan Maberry and a feature on Stephen King’s Dark Tower series. Mel Gannon has provided the superb artwork. The magazine can be ordered from the Midnight Echo website.
Spectral Press Announce Anthology
Spectral Press have announced the first volume of The Spectral Book of Horror Stories, edited by Mark Morris which will be released in 2014. The series will hark back to the Pan and Fontana Books of Horror and Ghost Stories and will be released annually. Vincent Chong will be providing the artwork for the series. Be sure to check back to This Is Horror for future news as and when it becomes available.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey