“With this new collection, Nevill presents seven tales, without characters or dialogue, based on frightening settings, allowing us to sift through the ruins of ritual and destruction to piece together events and unleash the horror. “
A derelict ship with a dreadful cargo crosses a black ocean. Signs of slaughter and devotion lie below deck, telling of ghastly events.
The ritual was successful. The shore, barren and hostile, holds the signs, possibly evidence of the act of a strange deity.
A deserted campsite. No one’s there, but a closer look reveals gruesome artefacts of destruction.
Within the foundation of a terrible house, was something eerie and supernatural beckoned to wreck life without mercy?
Seven tales from a Master of Horror.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Adam Nevill is no stranger to the horror fiction world. Author of The Ritual, Last Days, Under a Watchful Eye, No One Gets Out Alive, Apartment 16, and most recently The Reddening, among others, Nevill’s short fiction is collected in Some Will Not Sleep, Before You Sleep, Before You Wake, and Hasty for the Dark. With this new collection, Nevill presents seven tales, without characters or dialogue, based on frightening settings, allowing us to sift through the ruins of ritual and destruction to piece together events and unleash the horror. Tony Jones (Ginger Nuts of Horror) says: “With Wyrd Adam Nevill is leading his readers down a literary side road, an experiment which many will enjoy, and more so if they appreciate that these are not traditional short stories.”
Forthcoming from Ritual Limited 26 October 2020, Wyrd and Other Derelictions by Adam L.G. Nevill is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey