“With piercing, unflinching delivery, coupled with nuanced and complex characters, Ballingrud navigates our nightmare lands with a skilled hand, consistently bringing his ‘A’ game with every story.”
Satanists, pirates, urban malignancy, terrifying cell-phones.
Six tales of horror, including ‘The Visible Filth’, a novella of dread about a New Orleans bartender who finds a cell phone left behind after a knockdown-knuckle busting bar fight.
Wounds, the new collection from Nathan Ballingrud, dares to cross the slippery line between nightmare and reality.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Nathan Ballingrud should be a household name for This Is Horror readers. Author of North American Lake Monsters: Stories, and the previously mentioned novella ‘The Visible Filth’ (originally published by This Is Horror), Ballingrud has established himself as one of the best writers working today. With piercing, unflinching delivery, coupled with nuanced and complex characters, Ballingrud navigates our nightmare lands with a skilled hand, consistently bringing his ‘A’ game with every story. Retitled as Wounds, ‘The Visible Filth’ is now a forthcoming motion picture directed by Babak Anvari, starring Armie Hammer and Dakota Johnson. Releasing 9 April 2019 from Saga Press, Wounds by Nathan Ballingrud is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey