“Stories of revenge, romance, monsters, and mayhem, ranging freely across time periods, genres, and styles.”
The Mammoth Book of the Mummy presents a collection of tales written for the twenty-first century―including four brand-new stories―that explore, subvert, and reinvent the mummy mythos. Some delve into the past, others explore alternative histories, and some bring mummies into our own world. Within these covers lie stories of revenge, romance, monsters, and mayhem, ranging freely across time periods, genres, and styles sure to please both mummy-lovers and those less wrapped up in mummy lore.
Why We’re Excited About This Book:
There’s been a heavy focus on zombies and vampires in popular fiction for a number of years now, so with the upcoming Tom Cruise reimagining of the classic Universal monster it’s high time that the Mummy reclaimed its place in the spotlight. The Mammoth Book of the Mummy presents 25 tales from authors including horror luminaries like Joe R Lansdale and Kim Newman and promises to be a book to get wrapped up in on these dark winter nights.
The Mammoth Book of the Mummy is out on 31 January 2017 and is available from Amazon.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey