“With The Loop, Johnson pumps up the crazy, with a pulse-pounding science-gone-mad horror novel only he could envision.”
Turner Falls is nestled in the western Oregon hills. It’s the kind of place you want to escape to for a nice vacation. When an unexplainable outbreak occurs, Turner Falls becomes the center of chaos. Several of the teenaged children of the executives who work for the local biotech firm become ill, displaying violently aggressive, and murderous symptoms.
Turner Falls is on edge. Now a lonely young woman gets together with her fellow outcasts to do whatever it takes to fight the madness in the night.
Why we’re excited about this book:
When it comes to high-octane weird and horrifying fiction, Jeremy Robert Johnson easily comes to mind. Author of Skullcrack City, Entropy in Bloom, In the River, We Live Inside You, Extinction Journals, and Angel Dust Apocalypse, Johnson’s short fiction has graced the pages of such anthologies as In Heaven, Everything is Fine, Nova Parade, and The Best Bizarro Fiction of the Decade. With The Loop, Johnson pumps up the crazy, with a pulse-pounding science-gone-mad horror novel only he could envision. Nathan Ballingrud (North American Lake Monsters, Wounds) says: “The Loop is the Cronenberg film we never got. It’s a volcano of a book: violent, compassionate, relentless, and opulently strange.”, and Publishers Weekly calls The Loop: “Unputdownable … Fans of The Twilight Zone, The X-Files, and Stranger Things will be especially thrilled.”
Forthcoming from Gallery/Saga Press, The Loop by Jeremy Robert Johnson releases 29 September 2020 and is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey