“John C. Foster has quickly established himself as one of the fastest rising stars in the horror genre.”
As US Marshal Virgil Bone arrives at a remote island to retrieve the body of a dead fugitive, he finds himself trapped on the isle by heavy storms. There he discovers that everyone on the island is in serious danger. With the body count on the rise, and the community unraveling, Bone takes on the role of lead investigator. With only the town pariah providing assistance, he uncovers the islands grisly past, and it’s connection to some gruesome murders.
It’s best to believe in some curses.
The past is best left buried, and some will kill to keep it that way.
Why we’re excited about this book:
John C. Foster has quickly established himself as one of the fastest rising stars in the horror genre. Author of Mister White, Dead Men (Libros de Inferno: Book I), Night Roads (Libros de Inferno: Book 2), and the short-story collection Baby Powder, Foster is known for fearlessly pushing his characters to the end of their frayed sanity, with grotesque imagery and relentless pacing. Alan Baxter (award-winning author of Devouring Dark and Manifest Recall) says The Isle is “Dripping with claustrophobic malice, crawling with dread and otherness, The Isle is a journey into places best left alone. A chilling, disturbing, compelling tale.” Forthcoming from Grey Matter Press, the ebook of The Isle by John C. Foster releases 4 December 2018, and is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey