“For the first time, Gregory’s short fiction capturing his special brand of horror and the natural is now collected in one volume that’s a must-have for fans of dark fiction.”
Not all horror comes from the supernatural. Distinctive and disturbing, these tales of madness and death follow from the natural world, and often from dark wings above.
Fourteen tales, covering a variety of genres, complete with several never reprinted and new to the world, with two tales written exclusively for this volume. Featuring ‘The Late Mr Lewis’, ‘The Boys Who Wouldn’t Wake Up’, and ‘The Cormorant’ the inspiration for the novel of the same name.
On Dark Wings: Stories
Why we’re excited about this book:
Stephen Gregory may not be the first name many think of when it comes to horror, but his novels and stories have enthralled readers across the globe for nearly four decades. Author of The Cormorant, The Woodwitch, The Blood of Angels, and most recently, Plague of Gulls, Gregory’s fiction focuses on the avian world, often featuring birds in unique and fascinating ways. For the first time, Gregory’s short fiction capturing his special brand of horror and the natural is now collected in one volume that’s a must-have for fans of dark fiction. Paul Tremblay (The Cabin at the End of the World) says: “Feverish tales of madness and nightmare with lush, precise prose . . . A one-of-a-kind horror writer to read and re-read.” On Dark Wings: Stores by Stephen Gregory, releases from Valencourt books 28 May 2019 and is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey