“A forgotten god hunted by a reluctant hero trying to save the world, written by one of the masters of the genre, is enough to get any horror fan’s attention.”
Six girls, completely unrelated, who have never met, all come down with a strange illness that renders them comatose at the same time. Miles away, an elderly woman who has been in a coma for many years suddenly wakes up. The Horned God is Awake are the first words she says.
Soon it becomes apparent that those very words are the connection that binds them all.
An ancient force awakens in London’s last primeval woodland, his voice echoing through the minds of the doomed youth of the city, crying: Rise up! Soon, children begin disappearing throughout the city. Two men are all that stand between our world and the power of a forgotten god.
But if no one can even remember this ancient god, how in the world do you kill it?
Why we’re excited about this book:
A forgotten god hunted by a reluctant hero trying to save the world, written by one of the masters of the genre, is enough to get any horror fan’s attention. Author Steven Savile has written for Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Stargate, and his prose is often compared to Neil Gaiman and Clive Barker. Winner of the Lifeboat Foundation’s Lifeboat to the Stars Award and the International Association of Media Tie-In Writers’ Scribe Award, Savile wrote the storyline for the Battlefield 3 video game, and his novel Silver was one of the top 30 bestselling novels of 2011 in the UK. Coming 21 August 2018 from St. Martin’s Press, Coldfall Wood by Steven Savile is available for pre-order.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey