“Now, after over forty years, Harry Angel’s tale continues, and we see a different side of the private investigator as he tries to fool the devil again.”
P.I. Harry Angel is in one helluva mess. Police have him handcuffed in his office, along with a corpse, accused of the violent murders of three people. But Harry knows who did it. To get out of this jam, he has to escape the police, and figure out who the hell he really is.
Authorities at every turn, Harry hits New York, Boston, Paris, and the Vatican looking for an elusive magician. To figure out his strange past, Harry Angel must plumb the depths of the occult. Only then will he get his revenge against the devil himself.
Why we’re excited about this book:
William Hjortsberg (1941-2017) covered many subjects with his fiction, but the one he was most known for is the occult. Author of Alp, Grey Matters, Mañana, Nevermore, Toro! Toro! Toro!, Hjortsberg’s most famous work is Falling Angel, adapted by the author for the film Angel Heart. Now, after over forty years, Harry Angel’s tale continues, and we see a different side of the private investigator as he tries to fool the devil again. Maxim Jakubowski (award winning editor, London Noir) says: “Angel’s Inferno is long-awaited and darker than hell. The devil owns all shades of noir in a sequel we never thought would happen.”
Forthcoming from Open Road Media 3 August 2021, Angel’s Inferno by William Hjortsberg is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey