It is true that no two people will get the same experience when they’ve watched the same film. It’s down to personal taste and your beliefs regarding a whole multitude of things ranging from religion to politics and sexual liberation to violence. However, it is clear to us at This Is Horror that one thing is true. Most people just don’t seem to be aware of exactly how to watch a horror film properly. This is tantamount to sacrilege in our eyes, as the whole point of watching a film from our favourite genre is so you can immerse yourself in the story and hopefully scare the crap out of yourself.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey