I’ve always had time for writer-director Frank Henenlotter. Anyone who mentions ‘Jess Franco’s House of Pain’ in the end title acknowledgements to one of his films (in that case Brain Damage) is all right by me. His most recent cinematic offering, Bad Biology (2008) was a glorious riot of sexual and genitalia-orientated bad taste that made us all realise what a perverse talent we had been missing all these years. It’s hard to believe that until that film’s release, Frank’s last motion picture offering was Basket Case 3 (of which more in just a little while) made way back in 1992.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey