Autumn: Horror in the East have announced that The Aspire Centre in Lowestoft will be the venue for the horror author convention on the 2 & 3 November 2012.
“The Aspire Center have been brilliant and have stepped in when we needed them,” says organiser Emma Bunn, “They couldn’t have been more helpful and are doing everything in their power to accommodate us including opening on a Saturday. I really cannot say enough good things about them. The building is perfect for our needs for the day.”
The Aspire Centre received the Regeneration and Community Development Award at the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce Business Awards in 2009 for its ability to “breathe new life into areas of Waveney and deliver improved opportunities for local communities.”
Autumn: Horror in the East is a free event featuring guests such as David Moody, Joseph D’Lacey, Simon Bestwick and Wayne Simmons amongst many others. It will be the first year the event is running and the organisers hope it will become an annual event for horror fans. There will be signings, readings and Q&A sessions with the authors, as well as T-shirts and books on sale.
Visit the Autumn: Horror in the East website to find out more about the event, the other guests and more about the venue and nearby accommodation.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey