Welcome, once again, to Must Read Horror. You want great horror articles? This is the place to find the best the web has to offer. This week:
- 10 More Horror Sequels That Never Got Made
- The Psychotic Glee of Psychomania
- The Ten Worst Horror Finales
- The Horror at the Heart of Australian Cinema
- 5 Vacation Spots You Should Avoid
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
We’re living in a world where Titanic 2 is an actual film. I’ll just let that sink in for a moment…shall I continue? Okay. Sometimes, a sequel to a film is announced but then, for a multitude of reasons, never gets made. In this article, FearNet takes a look at ten horror follow-ups that now reside in development hell.
This article over at Ravenous Monster takes a retrospective look at 1973’s motorcycle cult horror, Psychomania, a film so mental one London Times film critic declared it as, “Only fit to be shown at an S.S. Reunion party.”
You’ve been sitting, enthralled, for an hour-and-a-half, eaten your way through a whole can of Pringles (other tubular-packaged crisps are available). This is it…the big finale… but then something so utterly ridiculous happens, it takes all your willpower not to put your foot through the TV screen before running naked down the street, screaming about how you’ve been tricked out of your valuable time. There’s nothing more annoying than a dud-ending, as this article from Best Horror Movies investigates.
Something’s not right in Australia. I’m not talking about all the creatures that exist only to maim, eat, or kill you for the sport of it. I’m talking about genre movies and how they are often overlooked in favour of more crowd-pleasing blockbusters. This article from The Conversation investigates.
“I’ve got two free tickets,” your friend says. “If we leave now, we’ll be at Camp Crystal Lake by midnight.” Of course, you tell your friend to go [email protected]#k themselves, that you’d rather fly to Afghanistan for a summer of sandy cocktails and landmine dodging. Here are five vacations spots you might want to avoid, according to Horror-Movies-ca.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey