Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- A Brief History of Video Nasties in the UK
- Why the Zombie Apocalypse is the Hot New Horror
- Ellen Datlow: Five Things Learned Editing Best Horror of the Year
- A Short, Whispered History of Quiet Horror
- 11 Books That Scared The Master of Horror, Stephen King, And Will Terrify You, Too
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Dirge Magazine looks at one of the bleakest times in horror history.
With Fear the Walking Dead breaking all cable records with its first episode, NY Post looks at why you can’t go wrong with the zombie apocalypse.
Over at Chuck Wendig’s TerribleMinds blog, science-fiction, fantasy, and horror editor and anthologist, Ellen Datlow, shares five things she has learned editing the annual Best Horror of the Year anthology.
The Supernatural Tales Blog takes a brief look at quiet horror and its most famous proponents.
He’s carved quite a successful career out of scaring other people, but what terrifies Stephen King? Bustle takes a look at eleven books which put the wind up the master of horror.