Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Tor Nightfire explain how monster children in horror show us how to live with darkness
- Bloody Disgusting consider the urban myths behind Candyman
- LitReactor offer advice on not taking yourself too seriously as a writer
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror run a feature article on monsters and horrors in comics
- The Ladies of Horror Fiction feature an interviews with editors Sloane Leong and Cassie Hart ahead of their Death in the Mouth anthology
Aigner Loren Wilson, writing for Tor Nightfire, looks at monster children in horror fiction and how they can help us live with darkness.
Bloody Disgusting’s Luiz H. C. looks at the back story of the Candyman in fiction and film, unpicking the urban legends which inspired the iconic character we know today.
Peter Derk, writing for LitReactor, airs the view that it’s the writing you should be taking seriously, not your persona or public image.
Writer and editor Lex H. Jones writes this informative and impassioned article for The Ginger Nuts of Horror on horrors and monsters in comics.
The Ladies of Horror Fiction feature an interviews with editors Sloane Leong and Cassie Hart ahead of their Death in the Mouth anthology
Just days after their Death in the Mouth anthology of original horror by people of colour was fully funded on Kickstarter, The Ladies of Horror Fiction sat down with editors Sloane Leong and Cassie Hart to find out more about the project.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.