Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- 25 Must Read Books That inspired Films
- The Feminine Mystique In Hellraiser And Hellbound
- Interview With Filmmaker Todd Nunes
- Interview With Maniac Cop Director Nicolas Winding Refn
- Top Ten Tim Burton Characters
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
It’s often said that the film version of something is never as good as the book. Here are 25 must read books that inspired those films.
The Ginger Nuts Of Horror’s Paula Ashe investigates the role of Julia in the first two Hellraiser films.
Fangoria’s Adam Lee Prince talks to filmmaker Todd Nunes about his upcoming films Death Ward 13 and All Through The House.
Bloody Disgusting’s Kayln Corrigan talks to acclaimed director Nicholas Winding Refn about Maniac Cop, dark rituals and the positives of polarising your audience.
Characters are everything in any medium. Here Arrow In The Head’s Jake Dee looks at ten of Tim Burton’s best.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey