Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Bloody Disgusting have your summer scares reading list mapped out for you
- Spoilers: The Verge discusses new movie Ma and discusses how it might have been even braver with its exploration of racial themes.
- Cracked talk up five horrors that break their own rules
- Sublime Horror argue for a gothic origin behind the science-fiction genre
- The Horror Tree talk to Australian horror writer Chris Mason
Meagan Navarro at Bloody Disgusting has trawled through this summer’s hottest horror reads, so you don’t have to, and offers up a list of holiday reading that is sure to ensure plenty of screams.
Spoilers: The Verge discusses new movie Ma and discusses how it might have been even braver with its exploration of racial themes.
The Verge’s Keith Phipps looks at new horror movie release, Ma and wonders what might have been, had they addressed the film’s racial themes even more directly.
Ian Fortey at Cracked analyses five horror films which violate their own rules, and what should have happened in them.
Sublime Horror’s Daniel Pieterson writes a thought-provoking article that teases out the gothic roots of the genre of science-fiction.
Aurealis award winning author Chris Mason sits down with The Horror Tree to discuss her writing and much more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.