- Dangerous Visions Sci-Fi Season Coming To Radio 4
- Eight Must Read Horror Reference Books
- Why Dr Sam Loomis Is One Of Horror’s Greatest Heroes
- Watch Neil Blomkamp’s New Sci-Fi Horror Short Firebase
- Plan Your 40th Anniversary Thing Trip
BBC Radio 4 has announced the line-up for its annual season of sci-fi programming, including a new reading of Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 as well as two original dramas and an adaptation of Kafka’s The Metamorphosis.
We all love watching horror films, but if you want to dig deeper then try these eight indispensable horror movie reference books.
Wicked Horror’s Nat Brehmer puts forward the argument for Dr Sam Loomis being one of the greatest horror heroes of all time.
Acclaimed director Neil Blomkamp (District 9, Chappie) has just released his latest short film to the world, called Firebase. You need to see this.
If you’re a fan of The Thing (and let’s face it, who isn’t) then what better way to celebrate 2022’s 40th anniversary than watching the film at the actual Outpost 31 site? Start saving now.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey