Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- Horror Movies: How Big Has Their Impact Really Been?
- The Lonesome Death of Pop Culture Icon Pinhead
- The Great Horror Debate with Jeff Burk and Robin Bougie
- Horror in Miniature: Five Terrifying Tabletop Experiences You Should Own
- You Beautiful Monster: The 20-Year Struggle to Make Clive Barker’s Nightbreed
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Flickering Myth looks at the impact horror movies have had over other mediums.
In this article, A.V. Club looks at the rise, rise, and fall of one of horror’s most infamous creations, Pinhead.
Jeff Burk and Robin Bougie discuss all things horror over at Dirge Magazine.
You’re never too old for board games, especially if you’re a fan of horror. Here are five tabletop terrors you should be playing, as listed by Brutal as Hell.
Our second Barker article of the week is from Tor, who take a look at the incredibly difficult transition of Nightbreed from page to screen.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey