Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- LitReactor feature this craft article on how game development can inform your writing process
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror hear from writer Patricia Lillie on childhood fears
- Kendall Reviews write on the master of the ‘creature feature’ Hunter Shea
- Bloody Disgusting explain how vampire fiction rose among a real-life vampire panic in New England
- Tor Nightfire pick out five new releases by favourite authors in 2021
Writer, podcaster and filmmaker Luke Kondor writes for LitReactor on how creating video games has informed his writing process.
Patricia Lillie, author of The Cuckoo Girls, writes this guest post for The Ginger Nuts of Horror on childhood fears and how they worm their way into her writing.
With a summer dominated by a big monster movie just around the corner, Kendall Reviews look to horror fiction’s master of the ‘creature feature,’ Hunter Shea.
Bloody Disgusting’s Nat Brehmer writes this fascinating long read on how when vampire fiction first rose to prominence, it coincided with a real-life vampire panic in New England.
Sam Reader, writing for Tor Nightfire, picks out five new releases for 2021 from all time favourite authors within horror and dark fiction.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.