Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Bloody Disgusting pick out the top ten Stephen King film adaptations to date
- Rely on Horror present news on the Resident Evil 2 remake and it looks beautiful
- Mental Floss pick out nine horror movies based to some extent on real life events and some may surprise you
- John Attridge discusses the modern relevance of influential late-nineteenth century horror novel, Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad
- Hellnotes feature an interview with the always-fascinating Jon Padgett about the Vastarien literary journal and more
Bloody Disgusting’s Meagan Navarro trawls through cinematic history to bring you the very best ten film adaptations of books and stories by the master, Stephen King.
With the Resident Evil 2 remake hot on the agenda for all survival horror fans, Rely on Horror have picked up some exclusive information about the engine Capcom are using to bring it back from the dead.
Mental Floss pick out nine horror movies based to some extent on real life events and some may surprise you
Rudie Obias at Mental Floss explains the real life tales behind nine horror movie classics. Some of them are unexpected, giving new insight into what brought the stories to the big screen.
John Attridge discusses the modern relevance of influential late-nineteenth century horror novel, Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad
Over at The Conversation, John Attridge of UNSW unpacks the horror of Conrad’s Heart of Darkness, revealing its connections to the masters of gothic horror and pointing to its continuing relevance today.
Hellnotes feature an interview with the always-fascinating Jon Padgett about the Vastarien literary journal and more
Gordon B. White of Hellnotes catches up with Jon Padgett to learn more about Vastarien and more besides.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey