Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- LitReactor consider the taxonomies of a functioning story in this fascinating advice article
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror begin a new ‘Meet the Artist’ feature talking to Rooster Republic Press
- The Horror Tree present five supernatural westerns by women to add to your TBR
- Tor Dot Com gently appeal for more space horror fiction
- Lit Hub talk to Victor La Valle about his new novel Lone Women and more besides
Writer Roy Christopher looks at the moving parts of some well-known stories and explores how writers can use these examples to create their own, in this fascinating writing advice piece for LitReactor.
Rooster Republic Press’ Don Noble and Nicholas Day sit down with The Ginger Nuts of Horror for their first in a new feature series called ‘Meet the Artist,’ highlighting some of the best in the horror visual art field.
Writer K. C. Grifant, whose own supernatural western, Melinda West: Monster Gunslinger, is flying off the shelves, picks out five other supernatural westerns by women which you should check out in this article for The Horror Tree.
Author Kali Wallace, writing for Tor Dot Com, makes a gentle appeal for more space horrors, selecting a few prime examples for readers to get their teeth into, along the way.
Lit Hub’s Whitney Terrell and V. V. Ganeshananthan sit down with Lone Women author Victor La Valle to discuss the new novel and a whole lot more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.