Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- The Real Story Behind Freddy Vs Jason
- Kane Hodder: Where Is He Now?
- How Well Do You Know Ghostbusters?
- Doom: A Bloody History
- What Brexit Could Mean For The Film Industry
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Trace Thurman of Bloody Disgusting takes us back to 2003 when these two titans of terror clashed and reveals the truth behind this match made in hell.
Speaking of Friday 13th, with the news that the latest reboot/reimagining is moving forward again, Arrow In The Head’s Jimmy O looks at Kane ‘Jason’ Hodder’s career.
With the new Ghostbusters film featuring—shock, horror—female ghostbusters, Empire’s Phil De Semlyen asks how much we know about the original movie. (We got 16 out of 20).
With the latest Doom video game riding high in the charts, TeamRock’s Ewan Alton takes a look back at the history of hell’s favourite shooter.
With the UK voting to leave the European Union last Friday, Consequence of Sound’s Ben Kaye looks at the potential impact this could have on the music and film industries.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey