Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- LitReactor pick out ten horror, thriller and crime novels in translation for 2021
- Bloody Disgusting look at the Fear Street movies in the context of horrors relationship with a patriarchal society
- Horrified Magazine examine haunted objects in women’s weird fiction
- Kendall Reviews host a look at the folk lore of Baba Yaga by writer Brian Fatah Steele
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror talk to writer Terry Kitto ahead of his new release, The Frequency
Leah Dearborn, writing for LitReactor suggests ten new releases from the darkest genres, available in translation to English, to help you stretch your reading experience.
Bloody Disgusting look at the Fear Street movies in the context of horrors relationship with a patriarchal society
Bloody Disgusting’s Marcus Shorter unpacks the recent Netflix Fear Street movies and looks at them through the lens of horror’s historic relationship with a patriarchal society.
Horrified Magazine’s Sarah Jackson takes a close look at a variety of haunted objects in woman-authored weird fiction.
To coincide with the release of his new book, Dire Branches, writer Brian Fatah Steele unpacks the research he did on the mythic figure of Baba Yaga to help bring the book to life.
With his new book, The Frequency landing in bookshops on 30 July, Terry Kitto talks to The Ginger Nuts of Horror about the book and a whole lot more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey