Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- The Lineup select four horror books that do something totally different with an old trope
- The Horror Tree consider the essential horror of the human body
- Crime Reads declare the world ready for the age of the feminist American Psycho
- Bloody Disgusting look at the horror movie career of actor Cillian Murphy
- Writer Steve Stred shares the influences on his writing with The Ginger Nuts of Horror
The Lineup’s Stephanie Sendaula choose four horror novels which take classic trope and do something totally new and innovative with them.
Author Miles Oliver, in this article for The Horror Tree, looks at the horror of the human body and considers the ways it has been used in the genre.
Writer and columnist Molly Odintz picks out a selection of books in the vein of the classic American Psycho, but which look at the subject through a feminist lens.
Mike Holtz, writing for Bloody Disgusting, looks back over the many horror features of actor Cillian Murphy, beginning with 2002’s 28 Days Later.
Ahead of the release of his memoir about his writing journey to date, writer Steve Stred sits down with The Ginger Nuts of Horror to talk about nine influences on his work.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.